This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Minimum time spent on an element.

Started by Murray Truelove, August 10, 2014 · 6 Replies · 317 Views

Murray Truelove

Is there any reason to go through a micro cycle on an element you can complete mastery on?

For example I had a go at HBP PE:4 and had no trouble completing mastery including the IM.

Iguanus

From what I understood, the approach was:

  1. ON New PE DO Test for mastery (or max effort without injuries).
  2. IF Mastery THEN Move on

  3. IF Failure THEN Decide Microcycle

 

But I think some elements may benefit from time spent, as it would give a little more time for ligaments and tendons (Inner Squats comes to mind).

Cole Dano

No reason at all. If you want more time with it, just use it in warmup / cool down.

Murray Truelove

Cool. Thanks guys.

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

Is there any reason to go through a micro cycle on an element you can complete mastery on?

For example I had a go at HBP PE:4 and had no trouble completing mastery including the IM.

No. Count your blessings and move on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jeremy Huston

I had the same experience with HBP/PE4.  PE5 is pretty intense -- have fun :)

Kasper Stangerup

On some elements I have felt that, even though I could demonstrate mastery, staying with that element for a "consolidation microcycle" was nice. In part because it means that I am certain that I'm not missing some key point, but also because not always working at the edge of my ability allows me to build up a surplus of ... something (motivation, neural "energy", or whatever). This is what I miss the most, now that we are not using steady state conditioning anymore. Finally, I think that many elements are not "used up" (ie. have lost their ability to build strength), even though you can demonstrate mastery.