2 quick question:
1. Is scapula fully retracted in shoulder bridge?
2. I usually go to my maximal hip extension, however not my maximal spinal extension, should I also go to maximal spinal extension?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alan Tseng, August 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 182 Views
2 quick question:
1. Is scapula fully retracted in shoulder bridge?
2. I usually go to my maximal hip extension, however not my maximal spinal extension, should I also go to maximal spinal extension?
1. Yes
2. Maximum hip extension is the most important. Spinal extension is needed for the bridge work later in the course.
focus on actively extend the thoracic spine and avoid the lower back extension.
the thing is that there's very little thoracic spinal extension in a shoulder bridge, majority of the spinal extension in shoulder bridge is lumbar extension
yes i know, think about to actively squeeze the upper back muscles rounding your chest.
before you learn that, before you will gain benefit on adv birdge variation, there is nothing best of active flexibility to elongate the upper front thoracic part. it's quite harder to manipulate.