This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel Hips and Progressing

Started by wallcrawler, August 9, 2014 · 5 Replies · 341 Views

wallcrawler

I have been out of the loop GB-wise for a bit and am now ready to apply myself back to it. So I am back to the beginning. Here are 2 questions I was never really clear on to start with, one which kind of leads into the next:

 

1. is swivel hips mastered ONLY when both knees can touch the floor on both sides WITHOUT the butt rising on either side?

 

2. Can you be stuck on a PE1 say due to the IM on one exercise but be on a higher PE on another or in fact ALL the others? Is there a rule about a limit to how far you can go in one exercise ahead of another? As an example, could you be on sPL/PE1 (due as I said to failure to completely master swivel hips) but be on (just to get the point across) RC/PE20 - which I believe is F4 - at the same time?

 

Thanks!

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Hi wallcrawler,

 

On swivel hips, yes, both knees need to be able to touch with glutes remaining on the floor. I've been doing these for two months, and making good progress, but I'm still probably a month away from mastery. A lot of guys on here seem to take quite a long time to master these.

 

As for being stuck on a PE due to an iM, yes, you can be at different levels of PE for different exercises, that's no problem. Just make sure that your deload weeks for each exercise are all synced up.

 

Cam

TANSTAAFL

1) Even in the demo vid the athlete lifts his butt off the floor a little. If you're unsure of mastery, post a video.

 

Also many have had success using weighted static stretches (in swivel position with weight on outside of knee) and also just doing more of them throughout the day.

 

Keep in mind also that the more you decrease the angle at the knee from 90 degrees, it makes it easier to keep the butt on the ground as well. I'm not saying to bend your knees a ton, but just a little under 90 can make a huge difference.

lypza

Can someone please explain what *deload* is all abt to me.

Thanks :-)

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Iypsa - a deload week is every 4th week of training, in which you decrease your workload to allow for recovery.

For every PE, you want to start on week 1, 5, or 9, so that the deload weeks for each of your PE's all line up (weeks 4, 8, and 12 are all deload weeks). You want the deload week for all your exercises to be the same.

lypza
Cameron Williams said:

Iypsa - a deload week is every 4th week of training, in which you decrease your workload to allow for recovery.

For every PE, you want to start on week 1, 5, or 9, so that the deload weeks for each of your PE's all line up (weeks 4, 8, and 12 are all deload weeks). You want the deload week for all your exercises to be the same.

 

 

Thanks for the advise man.

Really appreciate it.

 

 

One question though, can I continue on with my progress with week 11 of all the preparatory elements, if my mastery level works out really well without necessarily reloading?

 

Ive been on week 11 / Block three for a 5-day foundation + 2HS template on PE1, and feel my mastery level on this over four weeks have worked out well for me, and i want to move on to PE2. Can I start right on Week 11?

 

Cheers.