Ring one and H1,F2

Started by Jaromir Stopka, August 8, 2014 · 12 Replies · 4,331 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi folks, I do H1 and Foundation two training 4 times per week and would like to know if I can add Ring one training too or i should finish foundation first or so.It seems to me that combine these three things might be too much.Sorry for my english....thanks for comments

Daniel Burnham

Finish foundation first. I actually have held off on buying the rings curriculum so that I am not tempted to work it until I am further along.

meras

Better spend your time on foundation. Rings will come in time. I've heard people who tried R1 training during foundation found it unproductive.

Jaromir Stopka

ok ,thanks guys for answer..I think the same just needed ensure

Alessandro Mainente

well i've approached rings training early before completing RC on F4, i've completed only F2. the results were no injuries, but biceps doms, elbows soreness etc. now i've finished F4...i'm using RC as warm up, i'm doing my rings part with no problems on the following days. who spends more time on foundations exhibits a bigger recovery speed and less joints soreness. it's a physiological matter.

hype
alex87 said:

well i've approached rings training early before completing RC on F4, i've completed only F2. the results were no injuries, but biceps doms, elbows soreness etc. now i've finished F4...i'm using RC as warm up, i'm doing my rings part with no problems on the following days. who spends more time on foundations exhibits a bigger recovery speed and less joints soreness. it's a physiological matter.

You finished f4??? How much time did it take you to complete all of it?

Guest

Hype, he has finished F4 RC, not the entire series.

Alessandro Mainente

I've finished F4 on RC and i'm near to finish with it on HBP. for both it takes about 1 year and half. 

Jaromir Stopka
alex87 said:

I've finished F4 on RC and i'm near to finish with it on HBP. for both it takes about 1 year and half. 

Oh I`v been training about 10-11 months and I have finished F1 so far and i am at the start of F2 and at first quater of H1.So it seems that It takes few years to complete all Foundation and Handstand courses

Alessandro Mainente

Well i've trained under Gst for at least 1 year before the foundations but nothing structured seriously, i got my injuries and i've restarted from my weak points. H1 depends on you current level of immobility, i'm on the last element of H1. it taken to me about 17 months.

hype

Oh i see, that's good motivation bro :)

Keilani Gutierrez

yeah now that certain mobility obstacles are somewhat overcome, H1 is what's accelerating the most. 

 

cool to hear you're chipping away at the SE's in RC and HBP, alex ^_^ that later mobility on RC is killer.

Jon Douglas
Keilani Gutierrez said:

yeah now that certain mobility obstacles are somewhat overcome, H1 is what's accelerating the most.

cool to hear you're chipping away at the SE's in RC and HBP, alex ^_^ that later mobility on RC is killer.

It's doing amazing things for me :D I'm working on some big progress by the end of the year

Re the thread, Alex is a lot stronger than me but I'm in F3/4 for most things and found adding rings slowed down my overall progress. Its not about surviving your workouts, it's about being strong and durable enough to gain. Frankly the longer you can delay working it seriously (ideally have F4, H1, H2 complete) the faster and more dramatic your rings gains will be.