Rear Delt pre-hab

Started by Amebix138, June 8, 2009 · 1 Replies · 4,447 Views

Amebix138

Im getting a pain in my posteriour shoulder capsule (not a muscular pain) right as I let go of the rings. It started when I did far too many close grip chins my first time back from a long lay-off. I eased back on the chins and no longer have any problems with them, but the rings push-ups keep aggravating it. Its not severe, on a scale of 1-10 its about a 3, maybe even a 2.5, and goes away in less then a second, which makes me think a little pre-hab would take care of the problem. Im going to start doing wall extensions as they seems to work that area alright. Anyone have any other exercise recommendations? It also seems to respond to stretching.

Thank you.

Joshua Naterman

Light dumbbells and/or resistance bands for warmup! :P And I don't know what to call it, but if you have straight legs and both feet on the ground, then grab the rings and lean backwards and then pull your arms straight out to the side like a cross to pull yourself up, that works well too. That's my prehab, I don't know if it will meet your needs but hopefully it will at least spark some ideas!