I am wondering if and when hs walking is covered or discussed? I am baffled how easily many Crossfit athletes pick up this skill.. I am working hard on my handstands, wall runs, etc.. Can kick up rather smoothly into a free handstand.. Longest static hold was maybe 8 sec but once I try and move forward I fall and often off to one side. Would just love to hear anyone's opinions or thoughts on this skill. Thanks! J
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Handstand walking
Started by Julie Migliaccio, August 6, 2014 · 5 Replies · 280 Views
Generally here we promote developing a near perfect static handstand before free HS walking. Gotta learn to drive perfectly with good habits before you jump in the skidpan and learn to save fishtailing and spin outs ![]()
Exactly what Zach said. Focus on getting your line. You are welcome to occasionally practice walking around for fun but not at the expensive of static handstand practice.
Just want to say that I asked a similar question for beginning HS walks a few months ago. Good advice was given but ultimately I came to the same consensus here. Focus on static HS was more worthwhile.
It makes sense that's it's an easy skill to pick up if you think about it. Handstand walking is something you do a lot involuntarily when your static HS isn't any good. If your static HS isn't getting anywhere because you don't know how to practice it or know what even a good static HS is, then you get lots of practice handstand walking
.
There will be plenty of Handstand Walks in the future. Be very careful what you wish for. ![]()