Tips/ comments appreciated... is this good enough for mastery?
Thanks!
Cam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), August 6, 2014 · 7 Replies · 273 Views
Tips/ comments appreciated... is this good enough for mastery?
Thanks!
Cam
Based on what I've been corrected on so far, I think you need to shift the weight of your hips towards the hip with the weight, and also turn your other foot outward.
Plus one for Mr. Amato. Check the demo vid again. You want to literally jut the hip out on the weight side and you can move your bottom arm to behind the body if your flexible enough in the hamstrings(and it seem you are). It also helps to look up at the weight for balance.
Nice speed though, most people I see are doing these way too fast.
You're close but not quite mastery. The first side looks good. On the second side, your torso is just hitting horizontal. You need to get well below horizontal to match the video.
You want to really make sure you get this one down so PE2>im doesn't put too much strain on your lower back.
Awesome... thanks for the feedback guys.
One question on the foot position... I can't quite tell from the video whether he is duck footed, or if the one foot is splayed out more than the other.
Damon - sounds like your saying one foot should be splayed out? So if the dumbbell is in my right hand, the left foot should be slightly splayed?
Cam
His feet are at roughly a 90 degree angle to each other (judging by the video). So just point the toe of the foot with the dumbbell straight ahead and the toe of the foot you are going to lean towards straight out to the side.
Your feet should be perpendicular to each other
Cameron Williams said:Awesome... thanks for the feedback guys.
One question on the foot position... I can't quite tell from the video whether he is duck footed, or if the one foot is splayed out more than the other.
Damon - sounds like your saying one foot should be splayed out? So if the dumbbell is in my right hand, the left foot should be slightly splayed?
Cam
I was corrected to have them perpendicular, yes.