Bad knees: joint pain from standing too long

Started by Destiny, August 5, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,460 Views

Destiny

"Too long" can even be as little as 15-30 minutes. My job requires me to be on my feet all day but typically I am always walking or moving around, which causes me no pain. However, if I am watching a show or doing something that would require me to stand relatively still for even as little as 15-30 minutes, I get ridiculous pain on my knee joints. 

 

I'm a young guy as well so I feel like this shouldn't be happening. The first time I noticed this was 4-5 years ago when I was 15/16 and doing some landscaping work, where I'd be standing still many times while watering plants. 

 

I don't know if it's genetic, I messed it up doing heavy squats too fast back in the day, or if it's from improper footwear while playing sports or running. 

 

Any advice? 

Rayne-William

This is kind of difficult to diagnose.

 

The average shoe with any amount of heel lift causes problems as does your overall posture.