This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

bar weight for shoulder mobility and technical question

Started by dmmTurnen, August 5, 2014 · 3 Replies · 175 Views

dmmTurnen

hello,

 

a)

I have a 10 kg (22 lbs) bar which I want to use for the shoulder flexibility work in H1. Is this to heavy or can I try it?

 

b)

Just to be sure: Do I have to keep the arms completely straight / elbows locked up during shoulder dislocates and the other mobility work?

 

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Joshua Slocum

a. Too heavy. Start with something closer to 5-10lbs.

 

b. Yes. Elbows should be locked. 

lnick1975

I've realized after some time, that a heavy bar doesn't do near as much as a bar with weight in the center.

Since the beginning I've been using a pipe that weighs around 8 pounds.  I've recently purchased a PVC pipe to

properly do dislocates and added a 5 lbs plate to it.  It makes a huge difference than just using a bar alone.

Jeremy Huston

Almost straight is bent.