This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM weight questions

Started by Nick_Ebner, August 4, 2014 · 7 Replies · 378 Views

Nick_Ebner

Hey All,

 

   I just started handstand 1 and found HS/PE1>iM to be very easy at the minimum 5 lbs (like doing nothing).  I went up to 8.8 lbs (4kg), still easy.  I was wondering, how to choose the proper weight for this exercise?  Since 5 lsb is the minimum, is there an ideal maximum or way it should feel when the weight is loaded properly?  

 

Thanks

TANSTAAFL

Post a video. Not saying you're doing it wrong, but until confirmation, statistically you're doing it wrong ;).

Nick_Ebner

- video submission
Coach Sommer

Too wide, Nick. Get those hands in to shoulder width.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nick_Ebner

U got it coach. I'll be seeing you in Rhode Island in October.

Rob Rowland
Coach Sommer said:

Too wide, Nick. Get those hands in to shoulder width.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Are you kidding me, Coach?  I have broad shoulders and I feel like there's no way I'll ever get to shoulder width.. :(

Coach Sommer
Rob Rowland said:

Are you kidding me, Coach?  I have broad shoulders and I feel like there's no way I'll ever get to shoulder width.. :(

 

Nope, not kidding.  Your shoulders are not wider than a national team level athlete.  Get those hands in.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Rob Rowland
Coach Sommer said:

Nope, not kidding.  Your shoulders are not wider than a national team level athlete.  Get those hands in.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Yessir!