I have a quick question on the set up of the above mentioned exercise, per the video it seems as though the bar is at knee height but then there is a contradictory focus point stating it should be at hip height? Some clarification please, difference in height of a whole femur...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE1 Incline pushup height
Started by I'mthenewguy, August 4, 2014 · 5 Replies · 208 Views
I said:I have a quick question on the set up of the above mentioned exercise, per the video it seems as though the bar is at knee height but then there is a contradictory focus point stating it should be at hip height? Some clarification please, difference in height of a whole femur...
Knee is harder. Do that if you can. Hip height is required to move on.
Let me add a question here:
I can do 4x15r PE1 very easily with mastery requirement but as you know, I've been stuck with PE2 for long time. Could one get 5x15r push ups by progressively lowering the bar in PE1 until reaching the floor? I thought about doing 1 cycle from week9 (or, if needed, week 5) to 12 for each position. Could this be an alternative strategy to master PE2?
Thanks.
federicoC said:Let me add a question here:
I can do 4x15r PE1 very easily with mastery requirement but as you know, I've been stuck with PE2 for long time. Could one get 5x15r push ups by progressively lowering the bar in PE1 until reaching the floor? I thought about doing 1 cycle from week9 (or, if needed, week 5) to 12 for each position. Could this be an alternative strategy to master PE2?
Thanks.
I've been doing this with many of my students. First step at about a 45 deg angle from the floor and second at about 30 deg from the floor.
Cole Dano said:I've been doing this with many of my students. First step at about a 45 deg angle from the floor and second at about 30 deg from the floor.
Thanks. Do you see any benefit in doing more than two cycles (i.e. 45, 30 and perhaps 15/10 degrees before moving to push ups)? In principle, from 30 degrees to 0 the load increases quite substantially, isn't it?
If you're doing 5x15r at about 30deg (that's around two feet of elevation) with good form then going to the floor should be no problem.