Body comp question. Please help.

Started by Airness, June 8, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,579 Views

Airness

Hey guys,

I wouldn't call myself fat and wouldn't call myself skinny-fat either but I am not happy with the amount of muscle and strength (strength to bodyweight ratio) I have.

Height: 5'10" (178cm)

Weight: 187-190lbs (roughly 86kg)

Waist: 36-37" (depending on time of the day)

Most of the fat in my body seems to go to my waist even though I'm not gaining any fat anymore but this is because of the bad habits I've had the past 2 years since I graduated from high school.

Here is my diet:

Breakfast-- 3 eggs, oatmeal, apple, green tea and fish oil capsules

Snack: Some fruits-- Banana or an apple

Lunch: Veggies, chicken breast, oatmeal/rice, a piece of fruit

Snack: Some fruits

Dinner/post workout meal: Steak, veggies, rice/oatmeal

Snack (Pre bed meal): Fruits

So essentially I have 3 meals a day but have snacks (fruits). However, the stubborn fat on my belly is still there and it's pretty annoying. I train 6 days a week-- bodyweight training and sprinting and other methods of conditioning.

Maybe I should try and reduce the amount of food I have-- but I am by no means a big eater anymore.. I don't eat till I'm full but rather around 80%.

My conditioning:

Either tabata method for sprints: (20 seconds max effort sprint/10 seconds rest) x 8

or

400m sprints

Is there anything you guys see wrong with my diet? The problem is I sit a lot because of studying and I exercise around 6-7 hours a week.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Blairbob

this really isn't my forte but do you think you are at a caloric loss per day?

Airness

Recently with the amount of exercise I'm doing yes, because I've lost weight-- went from 195lbs to 188lbs in about a months time. But the waist measurement has stayed roughly the same or maybe a little smaller-- so I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track.

ajhoover

Your diet looks great, you are consistantly working out and you are losing weight. I think you answered your own question. As long as you are consistant in what you do I have no reason to doubt the trend will continue. For men, belly fat is normally the last thing to go, be patient with yourself, this kind of stuff does not happen over night.

Andrew

braindx

Drop some fruit... add in snacks with fat and protein.

MAYBE cut some cals. It honestly does not look like enough food for your weight, but depending on your portions it could be. Experiment a bit... too many carbs to lose an appreciable amount of weight IMO.