This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Different exercises on different weeks: workout schedule question.

Started by spacepilot, August 4, 2014 · 9 Replies · 230 Views

spacepilot

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this question. I don't think it is a entirely technical question, so I'm not sure I should post it in the tech support forum.

 

I've been using the automatically generated 3 day foundation and 2 day handstand workout schedule for several weeks, and I've been able to keep up with the progress until last week (week 6 in the 12 week cycle). I wasn't able to finish a couple of the exercise last week at the prescribed volume (arch body hold and hinge row). I would like to keep those exercises at week 6's volume, while working at the week 7 volume for the other exercises. Is this recommended, or should I try to keep all the exercises at the same week during the cycle. If I can progress at different pace for different exercises, is there a way to generate such schedules on the course website? When I changed the "week" setting in the workout settings, all the exercises get set to the same week. I didn't find a way to have some exercises on week 6, and others on week 7. Thanks!

posskey

it's okay to have different exercises at different weeks. With my imbalances, my exercises have been at different levels for a long time; and that's probably not uncommon.

Iguanus

My guess is it's so common it's the norm. Not a rule, but nearly everyone should have a few elements on diferente weeks.

spacepilot

Thanks for the replies.

 

Is there a way to print out workout schedules with exercise on different weeks? I played with the settings on the course website, but the schedule always has all the exercise on the same week in the cycle.

Jennifer

There's no way to really do that (yet?) on the scheduler, but you can take a look at this thread regarding people's handwritten logs.    I keep a handwritten log myself.

Mark Schoenhard

I believe it is important to keep deload weeks aligned.

Anze Merh

Like Mark said, keeping the deload weeks in sync is the important thing to look at.

 

For example for me, I'm doing week 5-8 cycles for SL/PE1, 9-12 cycle for MN/PE2 and a special 15-15-12-12, 15-15-15-12, 15-15-15-15, 8-8-8-8 reps for RC/PE1. I found the jump from 4x12 to 4x15 too difficult, so I'm adding reps more slowly. Anyway, you'll notice that the last week is deload week for all elements.

AndyH

Hi,

 

If you go to This Week's Workout -> Settings, there is the "Are you past the first week of the block?" setting, which allows you to set the specific week you're on.

So if you are for example at "Two weeks in", and hit the "Advance one week" button, it goes to "Three weeks in" for all exercises.

So, to repeat a week for a given exercise, just turn it back to "Two weeks in".

However, if you do this, you have to make sure to construct your own deload workload for that exercise when deload week comes, since the planner will then show you the load for e.g. week 3 once week 4 rolls around.

 

 

spacepilot
Jennifer said:

There's no way to really do that (yet?) on the scheduler, but you can take a look at this thread regarding people's handwritten logs.    I keep a handwritten log myself.

Thanks, Jennifer. That's what I was looking for. I'll probably start a manual log of my own.

spacepilot
Anze Merh said:

Like Mark said, keeping the deload weeks in sync is the important thing to look at.

 

For example for me, I'm doing week 5-8 cycles for SL/PE1, 9-12 cycle for MN/PE2 and a special 15-15-12-12, 15-15-15-12, 15-15-15-15, 8-8-8-8 reps for RC/PE1. I found the jump from 4x12 to 4x15 too difficult, so I'm adding reps more slowly. Anyway, you'll notice that the last week is deload week for all elements.

 

 

Mark Schoenhard said:

I believe it is important to keep deload weeks aligned.

 Thanks, guys. I'll make sure to have deload week for all the exercises at the same time.