This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE12 >IM

Started by Alessandro Mainente, August 4, 2014 · 8 Replies · 553 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hi guys this is my actual level on the mobility element. i Had a good carryover from the previous one where I stay about one month more after completing the strength element. I'm holding it with hands a little bit less then shoulders distance.

 

post-1151-0-73542600-1407146500_thumb.pn

Coach Sommer

- Sure about the width? From that angle, the hands appear to be outside the shoulders.

- Also the back should not hinge, but should remain in a straight line from the shoulders down to the hips.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente

Thanks, i will move back on this.

can you explain what "hinge" means in this context?

 

As a reference on this type of stretch i noticed that during the warm up my kids perform this exercises and also the IM of SE 11 with hands (pinky fingers) touching.

Do you suggest this type of refinement?

Coach Sommer

- The hinge here referrs to the middle of your back sagging down rather than maintaining a straight line.

- I required my own athletes to touch little fingers together as well. :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eric Baum

Back should be like in a table?

Alessandro Mainente
Coach Sommer said:

- The hinge here referrs to the middle of your back sagging down rather than maintaining a straight line.

- I required my own athletes to touch little fingers together as well. :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ok i've understand, thanks for the clarification.

well your standard should be my standard, so i'll step back and work to move my hands closer.

Coach Sommer

It is probably not an issue in your situation, but be aware that the narrower grip increases the load on the elbow. If you experience any elbow sensitivity, then slightly widen your grip until the pain abates.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente

Well I can touch my fingers, the elbows are fine, i need a full retraction to completely lock my elbows, but it's really harder then hands wider.

I was doing this exercise in my gym in Tuesday when my coach told me that as specific physical preparation i should be able to demonstrate a complete shoulders extension with all the grips type: prone, supine and semi prone.. actually i'm doing what prescribed  on the foundation, do you think that should be acceptable play with different hands position during the other days?

Coach Sommer
alex87 said:

Well I can touch my fingers, the elbows are fine, i need a full retraction to completely lock my elbows, but it's really harder then hands wider.

I was doing this exercise in my gym in Tuesday when my coach told me that as specific physical preparation i should be able to demonstrate a complete shoulders extension with all the grips type: prone, supine and semi prone.. actually i'm doing what prescribed  on the foundation, do you think that should be acceptable play with different hands position during the other days?

 

Sure.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer