This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Upper body mass/strength gains with H1

Started by kimura, August 4, 2014 · 7 Replies · 504 Views

kimura

I'm wondering what sort of experiences you all have had with mass or strength gains with H1. Before I found GB and H1 I was playing with handstands quite a bit and I felt like my upper body was bigger for sure. My traps have definitely grown from PE1-iM and I can see how PE2 and iM will be good for upper body gains so I'm wondering about the experiences people further along have had. I was sort of phoning it in on HS for awhile but my passion for it has been rekindled, I'm loving how it seems to hit areas that I've rarely touched with other exercises. PE2-iM is great. So, any experiences to share? I guess most of you are doing foundation as well so it would be hard to distinguish where the gains are coming from but it's worth asking.

Micawberian

Started H1 the day it released from PE1 and now I'm in SE working free hs. I've gained...2 or 3 lbs. hah! Lots of people do report quite a bit of mass gain, but I'd also think it is from foundation.

I would say H1 is mostly a sort of skill training predominately. Well, my flexibility and posture has improved leaps and bounds though.

Jon Douglas

Unsure about weights.

The difference in my shoulders (medial delts particularly) is most striking one that I am pretty sure is from H1 weighted mobility. I think the traps development is also mostly from that, but it's hard to separate it from foundation gains :)

Helander

During holidays 2012 my main bread for upper body were chinese handstands with toes supported in ceiling. I remember my traps (which were already pretty good) getting surprisingly noticeably bigger. Then again I weighed 89 kg (190 lbs?) at the moment.

 

Ligher guys maybe won't respond with mass to handstand training. Ok, a huge over simplification, there's a hundred things involved :P

kimura

I remember Coach saying in a podcast that the "best" exercise for the shoulder girdle is weighted dislocates. So I can't wait to get to those!

Adriano Augusto

When you start to do all the weighted dislocate and body line weighted drills... you will tell me about the mass :D

 

The key word here is: weighted. So, is not going to be a huge amount of mass but definitely an increase.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, heavy dislocates are what has widened my shoulders like nothing else :)

kimura

Woo! Very much looking forward to that