This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow Tendonitis

Started by john_c, August 4, 2014 · 0 Replies · 128 Views

john_c

Is it possible to develop elbow tendonitis from straight arm work like sPL/PE1 ?

 

I seem to have an issue with my right elbow which is the less dominant one. I thought it was brought on by pulling exercises like rows etc and have been very cautious even to the point of stopping altogether for the time being.

 

Just to rewind a bit, when I first started sPL/PE1 my right arm used to shake a lot, that seems to have passed but I still have to concentrate on keeping it straight whilst doing the exercise as it has a tendency to bend. 

Today whilst doing nothing in particular I got on my rings to do a support hold which I have been doing on and off without any issues for the past 18 months and it felt quite painful in the inside elbow and bicep area so it made me wonder whether this is being exacerbated by sPL/PE1. 

Due to sPL/PE1>IM not being mastered just yet I have been stuck in week 9-11 for quite a while now so there is quite a high volume going on there, but I don't really feel any discomfort in the elbow /bicep while doing it.

 

Any suggestions welcome.