Any tips/comments are appreciated!
Thanks!
Cam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), August 3, 2014 · 6 Replies · 269 Views
Any tips/comments are appreciated!
Thanks!
Cam
your ischial tuborosity is coming way off the floor and you can tell about half way through the movement that you femur doesn't rotate anymore, the rotation is coming from your lumbar spine. Just my opinion.
Thanks Damon!
I don't know what an ischial tuborosity is... could you clarify?
Any tips on how to improve? Or just more practice?
sorry, it's the bone in your butt that you're sitting on where your hamstrings originate. Sometimes called the "sit bone" in laymans terms. Being that your rotation is at your lumbar spine mostly, I think you just have to focus on not letting your ischial tuberosity lift off the floor. Won't be able to go nearly as far, but don't force it either. I'm not even close to mastering this, but I probably do it 6 days/week.
Generally speaking, you are doing the mobility exercise correctly.
Don't worry about your current range of motion, your body will adapt and allow greater range of motion as you continue doing the exercise.
Thanks guys.
GoldenEagle - since I've mastered the scap shrugs that go along with this iM, do you think I should do another micro cycle on this one?
Should I keep going until I can fully keep my ass on the floor?
Some have had luck using weighted static stretches (weight on the outside of knee) in the position, just make sure to keep your butt on the ground. Also doing them all the time throughout the day helps.