flexibility

Started by CaseyK, June 8, 2009 · 6 Replies · 2,827 Views

CaseyK

Hey I had a question about flexability. I was just wondering... is it ever too late to get the splits? I'm 24 and I kinda wanna be able to have a center split. I'm not very flexable as is and I dunno it feels like it might not be possible. but if it is would anyone know how the fastest way to get the splits down is? Thanks

Blairbob

It seems some people tend to get one split easier versus another. I see this often with side vs front splits.

Pavel has a book and program on attaining your max flexibility within 30 days. I just don't remember the details off-hand.

I think whether you can obtain a near or 180 split sort of depends if you had any hip flexibility before puberty.

Blairbob

I think it's in there.

CaseyK

thanks for the replies! when i do a stretch how long should i hold it? i been counting to 90. i dunno if it even matters. if you guys have any opinions on this it would be very helpful!

Blairbob

It ain't bad as the stretch reflex is estimated to release around 45 seconds.

Coach Sommer has stated that eventually more intense stretching does not need to be as long as duration.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

I didnt learn splits till I was 20. I still can't do side splits but I'm working on it and hope to have it in a few months.

Its not too late. You just have be willing to work at it and be patient.