Tuck Planche Form Check 6 ft tall

Started by Bernardo Bisaku, August 2, 2014 · 12 Replies · 1,831 Views

Bernardo Bisaku

Anyway just wanted to hear from you guys im still new to this planche :)

chuchodani

Well I'm not in this stage but to me it looks like you need a little bit more of protraction, drop down those hips to a parallel level and fully extend those arms, I'm not sure if your arms are straight due to the angle. Well done ! Keep training.

Awesssss

I agree with the above poster.

Your protraction is off. Your hips are too high and your arms are clearly bent.

Other than that, well done! :D

Bernardo Bisaku

Thank you guys I will fix this :) still learning, anyway after i master this to hold to about 30 seconds i can go to advanced tucked planche?

chuchodani
Bernardo Bisaku said:

Thank you guy I will fix this :) still learning, anyway after i master this to hold to about 30 seconds i can go to advanced tucked planche?

Yes, try to really master it with perfect form for a couple of sets and move on into a harder variation.

Vincearoo
Bernardo Bisaku said:

Thank you guy I will fix this :) still learning, anyway after i master this to hold to about 30 seconds i can go to advanced tucked planche?

If you dig up the forums it'll say to hold at least 3 sets of 60s for all planche progressions before straddle.
Bernardo Bisaku

Oh okey will try to find :)

Awesssss

I Think 60s is too much and not necessary. 30 seconds is perfect, although for 3-5 sets and 45-60 seconds rest in between.

Vincearoo
Paulizdaman said:

I Think 60s is too much and not necessary. 30 seconds is perfect, although for 3-5 sets and 45-60 seconds rest in between.

Well, you're certainly able to believe what you want, but that was the general consensus of the forum. 60 seconds has two purposes : building the muscular strength for a full lay/straddle planche and  develop the bicep tendons to where it can handle the strain.

Here's an old quote from Joshua Naterman that I've had copied down,

"From a practical perspective, you need to hold these positions for long periods of time because the supporting musculature is slower twitch in nature, both metabolically and by MHC isoform percentage, and as such they respond somewhat better to the longer holds. 

A final point: You do NOT want to create a supporting musculature that is capable of failing at the same time as the prime movers... that's just asking for injury, and potentially a catastrophic one. You always want your supporting musculature to be capable of stabilizing the joints well beyond the timeframe that the prime movers are capable of producing as given amount of force, in this case holding a straddle planche. This requires longer holds than what you use during strict strength training."

Bernardo Bisaku

So to start working to it i need like 10 seconds of hold for like 15 sets or so?

Vincearoo

BtGB says to take your max hold time, divide it in half and divide that into 60 for the number of sets. For example, a 30 max hold would equate to 4 sets of 15 seconds. A 12 second hold would be 10 sets of 6 seconds.

fafaedras

The amount of outdated info in this topic... :D

Alexander Egebak

60 secs planche progression holds are too much. Maybe it is okay for the leans, but I believe 30 secs for some sets is the sweet spot for frog stand and the more advanced holds.