Hey guys!
If you want to, as an example, build up to 3x60sec on planks or hollow body hold, how would you do so?
What kind of plan is there? Any golden rules?
I would like to know for 3x30sec as well.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Awesssss, August 2, 2014 · 6 Replies · 237 Views
Hey guys!
If you want to, as an example, build up to 3x60sec on planks or hollow body hold, how would you do so?
What kind of plan is there? Any golden rules?
I would like to know for 3x30sec as well.
One word - time. ![]()
The same way you'd build up to X reps of a movement; add more over time until you get there. I don't think it has to be any more complicated than that, really.
Well.. Obviously, If I spend enough time I can get those 3x60sec. But I was thinking of a more systematic plan. Like 3x10 first week, 3x15 next, etc.
Paulizdaman said:Hey guys!
If you want to, as an example, build up to 3x60sec on planks or hollow body hold, how would you do so?
What kind of plan is there? Any golden rules?
I would like to know for 3x30sec as well.
Just add holdtime as you get better lol.
If you need specifics you have to buy foundation where you progress with a "mastery template". Giving away information that specific would be like shitting on the people who spent their money on the courses.
Patience mainly. Though I'd say don't be afraid to adjust sets as well. Maybe start out with 5x10, as the the time gets higher reduce the sets. Keep the rest period between sets short.
I teach a fitness class at a martial arts school, combing strength and conditioning with MA techniques. One of the first benchmark goals we get people to aim for is a 60sec plank. We do a good mix of small quick holds (eg, 5-10sec, get up to do some punches, then back down and repeat), medium holds (20-30sec) and generally one long hold per class. We also add other core work. Really, much like gymnastics I suppose, every MA move uses the core when done right. Most people get to full 60sec within two months, and we usually test this at the end of a class, when they are least fresh.
I've followed this approach for several years, and I don't even feel planks anymore. Many students say 60sec is now easy and is more of a warm-up than . It might not be the most direct way to increase your hold time (that would probably be the F1 program), but it certainly works.
TL;DR: Do lots of planks, do supplementary exercises, vary the intensity, add dynamic moves as well, and profit.