This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching routine?

Started by Andrew Mckeown, August 1, 2014 · 4 Replies · 485 Views

Andrew Mckeown

Hi there,
 

I'm a newbie. I've only been doing Foundation 1 and Hanstand 1 for about 3 weeks. So far loving the programme! (Especially the wtf are you doing looks from immobile meatheads at the gym :P). My biggest downfall like most adults is my mobility but I'm already tremendous results from doing 2 extra PNF style stretching sessions a week+static streching after every workout. As there is an abundance of stetching and felxibility content on the internet I thought I'd ask you guys what specific stretches you guys do? So far the stretches I do are:

 

Weighted pike stretch standing on a bench
Shoulder dislocates
Front split stretch (as far as i can go)
Side split stretch ( as far as i can go)
Lying quad stretch
Hip flexor lunge stretch

Would appreciate anything you guys can add!

P.S. Can't wait until my mobility catches up to my strength  :D 
P.P.S WHEN IS STRETCH ONE COMING OUT????!!!!




 

Murray Truelove

I do a daily whole body gentle stretch. I pick a few specific stretches for PNF, at the moment I'm working on abductors and hamstrings as these are holding me back on SLS and MN.

I've always wanted to get the pancake, side splits and pike. At the moment in trying to put as much energy into stretching as strength training.

Jon Douglas

I'm fairly mobile. Other than programmed mobility work a couple of pec and a hip flexor stretch is about the only thing remaining for regular stretches. Some ankle stuff too. Occasionally a glute stretch is beneficial if I'm particularly tight from deadlifts or hill sprints.

Duff

After Day 2(Mn, SL, SLS) I do three stretches, currently hip flexor, piriformis and hamstring. Usually I'll do one contraction, then I'll hold it for a minute or so. For piriformis my right side is much tighter, so I do it twice on that side. It's a simple routine, takes 6-10 minutes and the results so far have been great.

 

For Day upperbody, I just do a pec stretch. I feel like the iMs cover the rest. Maybe I'll add some thoracic spine mobiliz(s?)ation soon.

LateStarter@46
Duff said:

mobiliz(s?)ation

'z' is American English, 's' is British English. The former is more common and more common ;-)