Scaps Raises

Started by chuchodani, July 31, 2014 · 10 Replies · 2,629 Views

chuchodani

Hi guys ! Please check my form

 

Rayne-William

For scapula retraction and depression, not bad at all.

chuchodani
GoldenEagle said:

For scapula retraction and depression, not bad at all.

Thanks Golden ! Any tips to do it better ?

Michael Ho

Can't see your legs but if you let your legs bend backwards I find I can go further 

chuchodani
Michael Ho said:

Can't see your legs but if you let your legs bend backwards I find I can go further 

Here you can see my legs

 

Michael Ho

So what I would do here is bend at the knee and bring my heel closer to my butt - maybe around a 90 degree angle at knee joint. 

chuchodani
Michael Ho said:

So what I would do here is bend at the knee and bring my heel closer to my butt - maybe around a 90 degree angle at knee joint. 

Ok, I have a question, this instructions would make the exercise harder or is a right way to do it ?

Michael Ho

Not sure what the right way to do scap raises is - in my opinion, this, as you want to focus on your scaps and not keeping the rest of your body straight. So letting your knees bend and relax

chuchodani
Michael Ho said:

Not sure what the right way to do scap raises is - in my opinion, this, as you want to focus on your scaps and not keeping the rest of your body straight. So letting your knees bend and relax

Thanks Michael ! I'm going to do it in my next workout.

Rayne-William
chuchodani said:

Thanks Golden ! Any tips to do it better ?

You really can't do this exercise better once you know how to move your scapula into the correct positions.

 

All that is left is to do the entire movement slower to develop the connective tissue strength more.

chuchodani
GoldenEagle said:

You really can't do this exercise better once you know how to move your scapula into the correct positions.

 

All that is left is to do the entire movement slower to develop the connective tissue strength more.

Ok, I'm going to slow down the execution.