This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mr jones workout log

Started by Hayden Whealing, June 7, 2009 · 6 Replies · 518 Views

Hayden Whealing

Im going to start posting my achievements here, not every workout, just if some achieve something new.

current static holds:

tuck planche with fingers forward, 10 second

frogstand with finger pointing backward, 20 seconds

advance tuck front lever 30 second

advance tuck back lever 10 seconds

L seat 20 seconds

freestanding handstand 40 seconds

middle split hold 10 seconds

Tumbling tricks

front flip

sketchy back flip

back walkover

Hayden Whealing

after practising wrist push ups for a few weeks. last night I did a couple in a row on my knees with out any piking of my hips and and my shoulders directly over my hands. :D

not a huge improvement but i'm happy about it.

Hayden Whealing

today I also did my first chest roll to headstand ( part of the 5th progression for bowers). real fun move and good for your shoulders :mrgreen:

the increase in strength that made me able to do this was probably due to me concentrating on free standing HesPU the week before.

Hayden Whealing

Yesterday I did quite a few press to handstands from a frogstand and one from a bent arm tuck planche for the first time :!:

Been training to try these for ages so it good to have them down :mrgreen:

Hayden Whealing

2 days ago I managed to successfully L seat walk for the first time. tried again the next day and day after that but was not successful. because I had not done any upper body work for 3 days before my L seat walk, I was well rested and was able to achieve this fun and challenging skill :D

Hayden Whealing

have not posted here for a while so have got a few things to mention

my backflip has improved heaps and but still need the first three or four spotted before i can do it on my own. back handspring is improving lots as well but i still need to work on technique. Also very recently tried J step gainers, cant really land them yet but will someday :D

support hold on rings has gone from 5 to over 15 seconds in just under a month :!: and false grip pull up is getting stronger.

And finallly, i can do wrist push ups in standard push up position

Hayden Whealing

I seem to be posting more about my tumbling achievements than strength achievements, probably because tumbling is mostly about fear than conditioning (at least at the stage I'm at).

Anyway, I did my first roundoff back tuck 2 days ago the beach. I was shocked at how easy it was compared to standing back tucks. very fun trick, I am about to go down to the beach to practice them again.