This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RTO on rings

Started by Alessandro Mainente, July 31, 2014 · 4 Replies · 344 Views

Alessandro Mainente

well i played with RTO on rings, i did 5x30s at the first attempt. following a pic of my form

 

post-1151-0-83733600-1406802921_thumb.jp

 

I'm not experimenting soreness or doms but I have always a sensation of fear. Probably i'm currently ablet o hold a cross but i'm scared about it. 

Another my friend in the calisthenic world completely torn his biceps tendon, another big part of them have elbows tendonitis. I know they did not my same approach as GST. I spent the last 1 year and half (probably more) on foundations in order to prepare my elbows. but seems that mentally this is not enough, i know what role plays and injury as a tendon rupture for a gymnast, especially now that i'll start some light competitions in this autumn.

Alessandro Mainente

thanks zach, what do you think about my fear? does it makes sense?

Coach Sommer

Their injuries occurred from improper physical preparation. This does not apply to you. Simply follow your progressions and you will be fine.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Helander

I'm beginning to have similar sensations at the moment. I've been ramping up my mobility work a LOT for the last month (by increasing frequency, not intensity) and have noticed dramatic increases in my straight arm strength progressions.

 

At the moment I can do a couple of clean reps of "maltese holds" with completely locked elbows on rings with my feet on an object parallel to my body. The increase in my strength has been so fast for the last month, that now I'm pretty sure it's time to cut off intensity and do more of a maintenance and less intensive lean work to let my elbows fortify themselves to this new level of potential.

Coach Sommer
Helander said:

I'm beginning to have similar sensations at the moment.

Have you mastered RC etc through F4? If not, you are playing with fire.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer