This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Using iMs in new ways

Started by Matthew Krepps, July 30, 2014 · 7 Replies · 278 Views

Matthew Krepps

Hey everybody, I have a question about using the iMs in new ways. I have just recently tested out of some of the strength elements in F1  - - specifically HBP/PE3, and HBP/PE3>iM. I really got a lot out of that particular mobility and kind of hated to leave it behind. I am also working on HS/PE8 and HS/PE8>iM, which resembles the previous iM I just mentioned. I have been thinking about the possibility of substituting one for the other from time to time, and began to wonder if coach Sommers has ever spoken of using the iMs one has tested out of in new ways, like bringing them forward with you as you progress to use in warm up or the pre-strength phase of the session. I am not thinking of substituting for iMs that one has not tested out of . . . 

Any advice is greatly appreciated . . 

Peace, Matthew

Rayne-William

I don't see why you couldn't another member is using the previous IMs as his warm up. I am using some the IMs for shoulder rehabilitation.

 

Some of the IMs are also yoga postures.

meras

I always use a mastery set of HBP/PE3 and HBP/PE3>iM as part of my warm up, it's a briliant combo. But do not substitute iM's. Use the previously mastered iM's as part of your warm up, cool down or even on days off.

Cole Dano

Not a problem at all to add previous iM's as a warm up, cool down, or even just do them alone as an extra mobility session.

dritar

I actually prefer using previous iMs (specially SLS iMs) for warmup rather than strictly following the warm up template. 

Matthew Krepps

Thanks everyone. I am new to the forum and the discussions and am trying to train myself to remember to ask the many questions that naturally arise during training here. I look forward to more discussion.

 

Peace, Matt

kokoro1
dritar said:

I actually prefer using previous iMs (specially SLS iMs) for warmup rather than strictly following the warm up template.

There's a warm up template?