This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

don't grind

Started by yamad, July 30, 2014 · 2 Replies · 264 Views

yamad

First I was very conservative with when to quit sets and wasn't making much progress. Then I read some of Coach's comments and the thread on when to stop sets and was making some fantastic progress.

 

Then I hit week 9 on a bunch of exercises. It quickly became obvious that it was a too much extra volume but I was excited and for the first time in a while I tried to grind out the last few reps on the last set in 3 different exercises. Now I've got a mild tendonitis in my shoulder and elbow and I'm just waiting around for it to heal and not progressing. At least now I know where the line is between pushing hard and pushing yourself into an injury (and it's giving me some time for my arch body hold to catch up...).

 

Don't grind.

meras

I'm sorry to hear that and hope it goes away soon. Good luck!

Murray Truelove

Finding your work capacity is an ongoing experience and can vary a lot between elements.

I find I can really dig deep and fight through the FL elements but have to be cautions with sPL as my elbows are easy to aggravate.

Edit: spelling.