This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Timing

Started by skeeter, July 29, 2014 · 11 Replies · 276 Views

skeeter

Hi All,

 

I am continuing the 3 day a week schedule for Foundations. I alternate workout A and B each week (aba, bab, etc).

 

These workouts only take me 20 minutes or so, is this correct for duration? seems a bit short.

 

Thanks,

Noah

john_c

Please explain what elements and weeks into the micro cycles you are on as that can make a big difference.

skeeter
tfeal said:

Please explain what elements and weeks into the micro cycles you are on as that can make a big difference.

Hi sorry! I just restarted, my micro cycle (first weeks of everything). 

 

Workout A:

FL/PE2: 4x24r

SPL/PE1: 4x12r

HBP/PE2: 4x12r

RC/PE1: 4x6r

 
Workout B:

SL/PE1: 3x12s

MN/PE1: 4x6r

SLS/PE1: 3x3r

 
 
 
Wolf with one Ear

If you are beginning the progressions, the workouts will not be very long.  I have found that the workouts are much longer when I do three sets of the warm-up, with mobility, per the 21-15-9 recommendation.   The other thing that I have found varies the length of the workout is the repetitions involved, and the length of the mobility time, such as a 30 period.  

skeeter
Wolf with one Ear said:

If you are beginning the progressions, the workouts will not be very long.  I have found that the workouts are much longer when I do three sets of the warm-up, with mobility, per the 21-15-9 recommendation.   The other thing that I have found varies the length of the workout is the repetitions involved, and the length of the mobility time, such as a 30 period.  

Thanks Wolf,

 

What is the 21-15-9 recommendation? Is there a thread discussing it? Or is in the program, maybe I missed it...

 

Thanks

Eric Baum

It is in the program

yamad

On Coach's recent interview with Robb Wolf, he says explicitly that Foundation workouts take about 20 minutes. It takes me longer...

Keilani Gutierrez

I speak in no official capacity for GB, but perhaps he is refering to the baseline "here, this is where you start if you're a raw beginner". which does apply to everyone beginning from zero (I was one who never did strength training prior to GST. so my beginning workouts were pretty abbreviated compared to now.) 

skeeter

I am still in the beginning of most exercises to do the 21-5-9 with earlier PE. But I will start to warm up a bit more through stretching and basic strength stuff.

Murray Truelove

Regarding the 21/15/9 I've assumed this means 150%/100%/50%. So an element with a 5r mastery wouldn't require 21r when done as a warmup.

Keilani Gutierrez
Murray Truelove said:

Regarding the 21/15/9 I've assumed this means 150%/100%/50%. So an element with a 5r mastery wouldn't require 21r when done as a warmup.

you'd be surprised what the SAS and BAS warm ups look like when you start the ring course. :) Coach mentions on the forum that his athletes warm up with three sets of rope climbs (triple lap, double lap, double lap). that's only one mastery stream. there's 6 others ^_^ 

Murray Truelove

Yeah I was shocked during the podcast and others here have said how tough the warm ups are for R1.

Still, 21r/15r/9r of Bulgarian rows seems like a mean warm up for chin hangs especially when mastery was 25 reps (5x5r).