This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another dislocates and PE5 question

Started by Nino Begovic, July 28, 2014 · 4 Replies · 215 Views

Nino Begovic

Hey,
Coach has said in another thread that we should aim for 20kg in dislocates,
and,
that in PE5 'he does not know how much weight is possible to achieve'.

 

So.. I wonder if in the PE5>iM I should strive for mastering the ROM, and when I'm done with PE5, move on to the next PE and doing dislocates aside of the regular routine - striving for 20kg dislocate strength?? Or should I stay on PE5(>iM) until I got the 20kg dislocates mastered??

And... What does it mean that Coach is not certain about the PE5 load limit? I have been doing all the PE's with pretty low load, PE5 with 1,25kg and it feels very hard. I can either perceive Coach's word as if one can do waaay more load than 20kg on the PE5...or other ways.. If I would just interpret his words freely I think I would go for 50% BW on PE5 before mastery. But.. taking into consideration how these two exercises feel right now I'm not sure that is they way these are meant to be done..

 

Can somebody please clarify what we are to consider mastery on HS/PE5 + iM?

Thank you!

Jeremy Huston

For mastery to move on to the next element of the program, the light weight of 2.5 kg is sufficient.  If you're still working on mastering the PE and have the IM at a light weight, add a little weight and continue to develop it.

 

For continued development through your warmups, cooldowns, and increased awesomeness, continue to develop the weight.

Nino Begovic

All right that sounds reasonable =)
Thnx

Alessandro Mainente

For the PE i've use 10 kg bar, for the standing i'm currently using 14 kg

Nino Begovic

Nice, thnx alex87. Now I am free from dismay =)