double fronts and walkovers

Started by Hayden Whealing, June 6, 2009 · 2 Replies · 1,772 Views

Hayden Whealing

this question is mainly directed to coach sommer but anyone else is input will be appreciated. :D

I read in somewhere that being able to do advanced variations of the walkover helps lots with being able to do a double front flip. can you specify any of the walkover variations that use for your athletes to develop the double frontflip.

Coach Sommer

Double fronts (two front flips performed during the same jump up into the air) and front walkovers have nothing in common. However I assume that what you meant was would the strength developed from learning front walkovers be beneficial in learning various front handspring variations? Yes, they would and I require all of my beginning athletes to develop front walkovers/front limbers for this very reason.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hayden Whealing

must have mixed up double fronts and handsprings. thanks for verifying. :)