This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions about bars

Started by Helgi, July 27, 2014 · 4 Replies · 148 Views

Helgi

Hi everyone,

 

I just started H1 today and am on the journey of finding where I am at.

 

I looked a bit ahead and noticed that at some point, I will need weighted bars and from searching the forums, it seems that ~5 lbs will be enough to start with.

 

So my question is, what are people using for this? I have a broom handle that I can use but I usually attach water bottles to it so they hang off but for example in HS/PE4, this would not work anymore.

 

I figured I can buy small weights that fit onto the broom handle and work with that but am wondering whether anyone has other suggestions which would be more suitable for what comes later?

Jennifer

PVC pipe, stretchy bands, hand weights.

Helgi

Alright. In the video for HS/PE4, he puts his hands very close to the floor so I was wondering whether putting things onto the bar might make it so that you can not get as close to the floor as you were supposed to.

 

This hasn't been a problem? Could always make sure the weights face up I guess.

Murray Truelove

With PE:4 you need something small, I'm using some small 0.5kg weight plates and some ankle weights.

I plan to get a proper bar as soon as my shoulders are strong enough.

Helgi

I played a bit around with stuff that I have in my apartment and found that an old yoga mat I own is 7 lbs and I can hold it with my palms facing up so it's perfect for PE4 for now.

 

The nearby supermarket also has some cheap ankle weights I could put on my broom handle so I should be fine for now.

 

Thanks everyone!