joint stiffness (shoulder and elbow)

Started by katlinchen, July 25, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,462 Views

katlinchen

I have kind of a shoulder and arm stiffness. I feel it when I do pull-ups and windshield wipers most. I don't have specific pain, it just feels as if my bones hurt. When it's really bad, I sometimes feel it during night. When I wake up for a second and one arm was in a certain position for some time (especially overhead) my shoulder and elbow feel super stiff and hurt with movement, but after some time and movement it's fine again.

My left elbow has been kind of annoying as well. I don't feel

it when working out, but when I bump into something or lean on it, it hurts more than the other one. Have had this stuff for 4 weeks now.

I also feel my back muscles are pretty tight.

I stretch my back, neck, biceps, triceps and nerves once or twice a day, and always after working out. I sometimes even dip in ice-water to help the recover, but doesn't seem

to help.

Maybe just tightend overall? Any tips for that?

Alexander Egebak

It seems to me that it is a connective tissue problem. What is your training program and how long have you been doing it? I guess you go too hard too soon which means that you must take a step back to let your tissue regenerate. F1 coupled with stretching out tightness would be a great start. Remember not to do anything strength related (stretching partially ok) that causes pain, irritation, grinding and popping since this potentially can worsen your injury. See a physiotherapist for specific examination.