This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE9 FORM Check - Korean Dips

Started by DieKatze, July 25, 2014 · 7 Replies · 266 Views

DieKatze

hi gb-community,

 

heres for another korean dip form check. i did them the first time today and managed to do 5x5 sets after a few embarassing attempts with my ass hitting the bar :D

 

i am planning to do at least a 4-week-cycle to work on my form. what would you suggest to focus on? two things i noticed: maybe using less momentum (though it feels i am only using my triceps and not much momentum) and working on a straighter body. anything else?

 

thanks a lot as always! 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3bXTN0nU0

Alessandro Mainente

Keep the legs straight all the time. for the rest it's good.

LateStarter@46

Very nice,

..

..

Show off! :-)

Murray Truelove

Nice dismount!

Nino Begovic

I did my first time KD today. It's been a long time I had this much fun in the gym. I was going to upload a form check video but looking at your video I realize I would just embarrass myself :P  You look strong.

I'm curious, how was it doing those on that barbell? Did it rotate?

Coach Sommer

Good start. Things to work on:

- Too jerky; focus on controlled, smooth movement.

- Slow the reps down.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

DieKatze

thanks a lot coach, will do!

 

 

Nino Begovic said:

I did my first time KD today. It's been a long time I had this much fun in the gym. I was going to upload a form check video but looking at your video I realize I would just embarrass myself :P  You look strong.

I'm curious, how was it doing those on that barbell? Did it rotate?

 

the bar did not rotate that much. you can see the red bands i used to fix it to the other side of the rack. i think that helped a lot.