This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check

Started by Konstantin Nikkari, July 25, 2014 · 6 Replies · 204 Views

Konstantin Nikkari

Hi,

 

I'm working on Foundation 1. I will post here multiple videos of an exercise together with the mobility. Please feel free to critique, give hints or share your thoughts.

 

Straddle Hollow Body Hold, FL PE3, week 7 (wrong iM)

 

 

 

Single Arm Blank, sPL PE4, week 7

 

 

 

Pseudo Plance Pushups, HBP PE 3, week 7 *PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS*

 

 

 

Ground Rows, RC PE3, week7

 

 

 

Arch Body Hold, SL PE1, week 12 *PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS - 30 sec is fine for me but just can't manage 5x60sec*

 

 

 

Straddle Up, MN PE2, week 12 *PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS – is my ROM ok?*

 

 

 

Cossack Squad, SLS PE2, week 4

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

Konstantin

thecolin

I don't have time to look through all the videos right now. But since you asked for comments specifically on the PPPs, it looks like you're sagging a bit too much. Point your feet more without trying to pull back with your toes (not absolutely critical, but I find it helps with correct form and committing to the lean). And try to stay more hollow. Don't worry about touching your chest to the floor, staying as hollow as possible is more important.

Matthew Hanham

HS PE2>IM: You're holding the rod with your palms facing back (at the bottom), reverse the grip, palms facing forward so at full extension they are facing the ground.  Add some weight if possible, start small, I forget what mastery is exactly but its 2->5kg, that sort of range.

 

MN PE2:  Straddle earlier in the movement.  You're piking up and then straddling. Rom not too bad, a little more with the legs.

 

WP: You're not doing them correctly.  Roll down onto right, roll down onto left, roll up right, roll up left.  Repeat left to right etc.

dritar

Don't forget feet together on SL/PE1 (the whole foot, not just the heels). You may have to go back on this one, as you'll find it sucks even more with feet together.

Rayne-William
dritar said:

Don't forget feet together on SL/PE1 (the whole foot, not just the heels). You may have to go back on this one, as you'll find it sucks even more with feet together.

Just adding to the above:

 

What makes you think you can't hold the body position for 60 seconds?  The mastery of SL/PE2 requires you to hold the arch body position for at least 60 seconds. 

Konstantin Nikkari

Big thanks guys. I corrected things that you pointed out. HS PE2>IM is not actually more easy when palms are facing the ground.

GoldenEagle said:

 

What makes you think you can't hold the body position for 60 seconds?  The mastery of SL/PE2 requires you to hold the arch body position for at least 60 seconds. 

GoldenEagle: I know it as I already have done 2-3 times mastery template for SL PE1. I have small progression as I started to strech some muscle groups that helps with Arch Body Hold. Somehow I feel that GymnasticBodies should have started with streching program not vice versa. Streching is SO important in most of these hold. Eg. when i'm doing SL PE1 I feel as I could have strenght to do all 5x60s but my muscles goes stiffens and I lose my ROM till my hands are on the floor and I just can't raise them anymore.

Rayne-William
Konstantin Nikkari said:

 

GoldenEagle: I know it as I already have done 2-3 times mastery template for SL PE1. I have small progression as I started to strech some muscle groups that helps with Arch Body Hold. Somehow I feel that GymnasticBodies should have started with streching program not vice versa. Streching is SO important in most of these hold. Eg. when i'm doing SL PE1 I feel as I could have strenght to do all 5x60s but my muscles goes stiffens and I lose my ROM till my hands are on the floor and I just can't raise them anymore.

For the sake of clarity, you think you can't maintain arch body hold for 5 sets of 60 seconds because your back muscles get stiff?

 

Muscle becomes stiffer as we hold a particular contraction longer. You have the strength to contract the muscles, you just need to develop a little bit more muscular endurance.

 

If you don't want to develop the muscular endurance, you will have problems with FL/PE5 Hollow Body Hold (Mastery: 5x60 seconds) and may have problems with RC/PE6 Bent Arm Chin Hangs (Mastery: 5x60 seconds).