This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS PE3 - SLOWLY

Started by Mark Balsom, July 25, 2014 · 2 Replies · 218 Views

Mark Balsom

Like many I am sure, the more I progress the more I return to explore previously mastered elements just to see how they're doing, recheck on form and generally just for the sake (fun) of it. And sometimes I get quite surprised...

Anyhow I was playing with previously "mastered" pHS PE3 and trying to go as slow as possible and possibly be able to stop at any ROM and reinitiate the movement. I found this tricky spot, right when your feet pass under going backwards towards pushup position. If I stop there I can move back forwards but can't seem to push my feet backwards. Have you go full control during entire ROM?

 

Any thoughts?

 

Kind of a GB geeky remark/question I know, but just wondering...

 

 

 

leo

I am having this exact same issue. 

 

I hollow out and protract my scapular as much as possible (from which I feel an intense cramping of the muscles near the sternum), then I lean forward while trying to lift my hips up higher. I have also notices that what my feet are doing has some effect. If I press down with my feet it is more difficult, which makes sense but during the motion I try to lift as high as possible and occasionally I catch myself doing a mini calf raise to 'help' that action.

 

I would LOVE some feedback on this issue.

Alessandro Mainente

As the lower body moves backward, if you want to control it slowly you need to move forward with the shoulders. the problem is that you are moving the effort away from the exercise goal. it is fine to improve a little the planche work. i think that here is more useful to improve the shoulder opening with the traps specifically for press to handstand. so if you want to slow down the movement to improve the specific strength focus on transition from forward to backward, trying to lift the heels when they pass under the hands position (without leaning), lift means more compression and traps work. Only for your knowledge, the last 2 exercises of H1 are something at "state of the art" to build up a good strength for this portion.