As a follow-up to my prior question on flexibility within the back lever (see topic for the initial question) ...
If I am hanging at full flexibility level I am basically in a flat tuck position. This is easy (relatively), although a bit intense as far as the stretch is concerned.

However, if I raise my hips using my core the BL becomes much more intense as far as strength is concerned, but it hits flexibility less. I am however nowhere near parallel.

So, my question is ... which is the better approach? Should I simply hang as much as possible and work the position from there since it looks like the more correct one, or should I be consciously pulling my hips up even if it means they move above parallel?
Finally, an example of how much tuck I can achieve - it doesn't look much different than the first pic. This was at the very end so I was getting a bit tired, but it does show how little curve I can achieve in my back - it just doesn't round much at all despite working on it for some time with the exercises Coach suggested previously (jefferson curls and cats/cows). I am still pushing forward with those exercises, but am losing hope of achieving success in this regard.

Any other thoughts/advice/critique appreciated. Thanks guys.
- Chris