This topic is maybe sickening to read about for those of you who have mastered it already. I apologize.
But anyway, let's see if this is the correct way.
(The legs portion of this depends on how strong you are. If you're not so strong, you'll have to have them tucked to your chest, if you're stronger then you can extend a bit more, etc.. So let's put that aside and focus on the upper body.)
I have been entering the hollow hold in two ways, and I can't figure out which one is correct.
1) Crunching up, so that your upper back is clearly off the floor. This way, my lower back is pressed firmly into the ground and it can only come off of the ground if I let go of the crunch. So in this position I can not arch while staying crunched.
2) Lay on the floor, tuck your chin to your chest, protract your shoulders, then depress them. This way, I have to actively press my lower back on the floor. In this position I can easily arch if I let go of PPT. So I can have my arms, head, shoulders and legs off the ground and still arch.
