This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Under grip korean dips and V-to-L hanging leg lifts form check

Started by Austin7, July 22, 2014 · 8 Replies · 371 Views

Austin7

 

 

Also does this belong in this section of the forum? Or the digital coaching section?

J0X

Looks good, you could try slowing both movements down a tad to increase smoothness and intensity.

LateStarter@46

Very nice Korean dips and I like the dismount :-)

Form checks belong to the relevant Foundation/ Handstand forum.

Nino Begovic

I can not say I did not like your videos. But.. to me it looks like you are avoiding slow and steady movement. Because you seem to be using the momentum in the korean dips to get back up again. And.. when I enlarged the video for the V-to-L, I can see arm muscles and lats doing a lot of the work. In the course videos for Manna, moving through MN PE7, PE8 and PE9, the athlete(s) do the movements slower and slower (less momentum), and less lats/arms.

Hope it helps.

Austin7
Nino Begovic said:

 

I can not say I did not like your videos. But.. to me it looks like you are avoiding slow and steady movement. Because you seem to be using the momentum in the korean dips to get back up again. And.. when I enlarged the video for the V-to-L, I can see arm muscles and lats doing a lot of the work. In the course videos for Manna, moving through MN PE7, PE8 and PE9, the athlete(s) do the movements slower and slower (less momentum), and less lats/arms.

Hope it helps.

 

I appreciate the critique. I'll post a video on my next workout going slower. And I totally didn't realize I was using my lats on the V-to-Ls. I think fixing it won't be too much of a problem. Thank you. 

Nino Begovic
Austin7 said:

I think fixing it won't be too much of a problem.

O, I bet it will! 

Muahaha

;)

Austin7
Georgios Koliopoulos said:

Looks good, you could try slowing both movements down a tad to increase smoothness and intensity.

Did undergrip korean dips again today. Focused on slowing down a bit. Looking better?

Coach Sommer

Better. Well done.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Austin7
Coach Sommer said:

Better. Well done.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I feel honored. Thank you. 

Quick question for you Coach. After trying Russian Dips for the first time yesterday, I struggled to figure out how it is supposed to correctly "feel". I was able to do it explosively like your student in the video but couldn't land in the upper arm support correctly. I leaned a bit farther back than what was shown in the video. Do you have any tips for this problem?

I'll also post a video of my dips on Wednesday after the workout.