All were fifth sets for the first time. For mastery sake, do you need to be able to complete perfect sets on both days if you are performing two times a week?
Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mark Schoenhard, July 22, 2014 · 6 Replies · 158 Views
All were fifth sets for the first time. For mastery sake, do you need to be able to complete perfect sets on both days if you are performing two times a week?
Thank you.
You should be able to complete mastery on both days if that's your template. If you can do it on one day but not on the other it's not like your are far off anyway so you'll probably get it in another cycle so might as well consolidate the movement.
dritar said:You should be able to complete mastery on both days if that's your template. If you can do it on one day but not on the other it's not like your are far off anyway so you'll probably get it in another cycle so might as well consolidate the movement.
That's the plan. Should I deload next week and then repeat week 11? Thank you.
Mark Schoenhard said:That's the plan. Should I deload next week and then repeat week 11? Thank you.
That's one option; just repeating week 11 for another micro. Coach prefers to just repeat the regular cycles (i.e. got back to wk9) and work up as it gives the body better recovery and some change in stimulus.
TANSTAAFL said:That's one option; just repeating week 11 for another micro. Coach prefers to just repeat the regular cycles (i.e. got back to wk9) and work up as it gives the body better recovery and some change in stimulus.
Good advice, I want to keep the deload weeks for the other elements aligned. Thank you.
SL:PE3, you might want to try going slower. You should be able to stop at any point during the rep (think about a pushup where you explode up versus a controlled ascent), I was surprised when I did this and had to go all the way back to 3x3r. I also have to work a lot harder to get the necessary height.
Murray Truelove said:SL:PE3, you might want to try going slower. You should be able to stop at any point during the rep (think about a pushup where you explode up versus a controlled ascent), I was surprised when I did this and had to go all the way back to 3x3r. I also have to work a lot harder to get the necessary height.
Thank you Murray.