Hi I just wanted to share a video of me doing my max rep pull-ups.
On 24.4. I could do 8 pull-ups (my form was little bit worser than now) and just today I did my personal best 12.
Please critique my form.
I'm actually amazed that I hit this high of number, because I've been using 5x5 teamplate on pull-ups and when I could reach it without failure, I trained by the same teamplate for about 2 weeks before advancing on harder variation, even when I could most certainly do more than 5 reps on the last set. (Coach Sommer talked about this in his podcast)
I was doing Chin-ups -> Regular Pull-ups -> Wide grip pull-ups -> Tucked L-sit chin-ups -> Tucked L-sit pull ups (I'm currently doing these)
My core also got much stronger in these 3 months. At first could barely hold hollow body for 10 seconds and now I'm doing 35 seconds holds for 5 sets with short rest (30-45 seconds) using SSC (Steady State Cycle) to progress to 60 seconds.
I also did handstands every day of my training and I could also see improvements on my upper body.
I don't want to bore you with my training, but basically this is one of the best forums I've ever seen and combining knowledge from here and Coach Sommer's book BtGB can really be deadly.
There is so much information here and reading the long articles full of advide of a world class coach (and also seeing it work on me) is, to me, one of the most satisfying feelings I can get ![]()