right now I am at 4x12 sec for Planche Tuck. Am I on the right track?
sascha
trim.39E84DAA-884A-4C46-B3BA-554AECB6B356.MOV
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Sascha Faltinger, July 21, 2014 · 9 Replies · 307 Views
right now I am at 4x12 sec for Planche Tuck. Am I on the right track?
sascha
trim.39E84DAA-884A-4C46-B3BA-554AECB6B356.MOV
Looks pretty good to me.
Did you find you could hold a decent Tuck PL after SE 2? Or did you need another step?
saschali1979 said:right now I am at 4x12 sec for Planche Tuck. Am I on the right track?
sascha
Simply yes. As long as you have your shoulders protracted then you are just fine. Keep it up!
Gavin S said:Looks pretty good to me.
Did you find you could hold a decent Tuck PL after SE 2? Or did you need another step?
Yes, I could hold it after SE2. But just 2 or 3 seconds... the mobility exercise was more demanding!!! haha mobility exercise... thank you for critique. Planche Training is the most difficult of F7 Training for me.
saschali1979 said:Yes, I could hold it after SE2. But just 2 or 3 seconds... the mobility exercise was more demanding!!! haha mobility exercise... thank you for critique. Planche Training is the most difficult of F7 Training for me.
Did you take the time to master all the leans from F1? I'm surprised you were only at 3 second's, I imgine the leans would get you at least to week 1 programming.
Yes, i did the leans as well as every other exercise. I do not skip.
Good to hear. Well 4x12 is an achievement already, especially with that iM. How long have you been working on SE3?
since mid of april. so about 12 weeks. at the beginning I needed some extra rest between the exercises. now I can handle it without rest. really heavy set.
where are you in sPL training?
That's good progress for 12 weeks. I'm at SE1 right now trying to get more comfortable with the iM. Last session I did 4x10 on the bag and broke form on the last set after 6 seconds. Can't move on until I can do 5x10 with moderate comfort because the later iM's are based on it. SE1 itself easy, the most challenging aspect is trying not to slip off with my sweaty elbows and knees. I tried SE3 after my session and could do 4 seconds and that got me thinking if I should revisit leans or instead switch to the 10 second template for a while.
cannot give you any advice. sorry. Planche Training for me is the most difficult of the Foundation exercises. I am feeling that I am getting stronger but far away of opening up the hips for the next progression.
Like you said the mobility exercise is so intense. Will stay the next micro cycle with the 4x12 sec template before I moving on. Want to make sure to strengthen connective tissue before handling longer sets. sPL SE3 is such a beast. Maybe the next one won't be as hard if I stay long enough with the current one.
I mean it was a big jump from advanced frog to tuck.
Wish you happy training and I hope you will get the mobility exercise. Enjoying the process helps me not to set goals to fast too high.
sascha