Leg lifts form check

Started by Pafke, July 21, 2014 · 6 Replies · 1,422 Views

chuchodani

Paf, I think you are leaning backward too much, try to minimize that lean, I use a door and the exercise is really much harder because I can't lean backward.

 

I do not have perfect form yet but I'm looking for.

 

RyanC

A leg lift is simply that. You lifting your legs as high as they will go. If you do that then there is absolutely no lean back. If you need to put your back on the pole that connects the two bars and then lift your legs as far as you hamstrings will let you. There is no reason to continue training how you are if you want a legit leg lift. Your upper body should hang and do nothing while your quads, hip flexors, abs, and lower back keep you stable and lift.

Mark Balsom
RyanC said:

A leg lift is simply that. You lifting your legs as high as they will go. If you do that then there is absolutely no lean back. If you need to put your back on the pole that connects the two bars and then lift your legs as far as you hamstrings will let you. There is no reason to continue training how you are if you want a legit leg lift. Your upper body should hang and do nothing while your quads, hip flexors, abs, and lower back keep you stable and lift.

 

Yup like Ryan said. You have to accept you're good at that exercise shown in the video but those aren't Hanging Leg Lifts, at least not as far as GB standards are concerned. Those are a totally different beast and I don't advise trying to correct your version but rather restart learning the HLL from the start. Maybe partials like Ryan advised? Maybe eccentrics from a correct toes touching the bar, no back lean position? Don't get discouraged and congrats on posting form check. 

Pafke

Thanks everybody, from now i will do leg lifts on wall bars so i cant lean back and use my uper body. :)

Alessandro Mainente

the majority part of people who perform single bar leg lifts fail into show the proper stall bar movement due to the more flexibility and strength required for stall bar version. my kids where used to train on high bar, then when i moved them into stall bar version 100% of them fail. so we did a lot of steps back to work on weak points.

Awesssss

Thank God that my otherwise crappy gym has a (ONE) stall bar. I'm pretty much the only one using it. Loving it too. :P