After many years of putting my body through rigerous abuse without proper stretching and conditioning I am now at a stage where I would say a plank of wood was more flexible than me. My worst areas at the moment are Shoulders, Hips/Glutes and Hamstrings. I have tried many things but dont seem to progress at all in these areas.
Shoulders
At the moment my shoulders are pretty bad, I have dislocated both shoulders over the years and my left one for the second time at christmas there. If you take my body as the vertical line then my shoulders are about 10 to 13 degress from being vertical before getting tight.
Hips/Glutes
I have been told that I walk with penguin feet purely because my Hips / glutes are that tight that its pulling my legs out.
Hamstrings
Hamstrings have always been a problem for me, I have never been able to sit up straight while sitting with straight legs, I cant even get close to touching my toes before I start to feel the pain just above the back of my knee and sometimes it feels its coming directly from the back of the knee.
I dont know if I am a lost cause, but any help and advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Druid