This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS warm up as of late

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, July 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 361 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

hey guys
wanted to share my recent lower body warm up sequence - it feels great :)

full squat(focusing on hip hinge and external rotation for upright torso position) - 30sec

skiers-10 reps (these have been getting a ton better lately since ive been stretching my piriformis and hingig the hip to go pretty low.)

cossack squat hold - i do a few reps going from balancing on the bent leg and moving towards my straight leg like in a half pancake. i usually just do this to get myself in the groove of doing side to side squats well for the day

twisting squat-5 reps

side to side squat- 4x8 so far. #thumbsup

inside squats- 5 reps (these are quite challenging after a while. they make my hips feel great though.)

 

edit: typo's

Alan Tseng

My current SLS warmup is this:

 

Deck Squat (9r)

Side to Side Squats (10r)

Speed Skater Squat (3r)

Skiers (10r)

Twisting Squat (6r)

Inside Squat (5r)

Natural Leg Extension (5r)

 

Currently on Hawaiian Squats.  I should probably increase the twisting squat to 10r (5 each side) and deck squat to 15r

Aadil Siddiqi

I also do Diesel Crew's "Glute Stretch into  Cossack" before any lower body activity.

Duff

I do all the iM up to SE2(10 reps for 1,2 and slowly going up to 10 for 3,4) and I mix cossacks and side-to-sides with some grabbing the ankles and stretching in the position a bit. After the workout, when my legs are properly drenched in sweat, piriformis, hip flexor, hamstring stretches.

 

Keilani, your signature needs updating :).

Jeremy Huston
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I also do Diesel Crew's "Glute Stretch into  Cossack" before any lower body activity.

Do you have a link for this?