This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mental talk to make faster progress

Started by Iván de Mon, July 18, 2014 · 1 Replies · 126 Views

Iván de Mon

Hi all, it's my first post here. Yesterday when doing my week 9 assignment of MN/PE1 (second time running this mini-cycle) I had a realization and maybe it will help someone else. As expected, this second time of week 9 felt easier, which led me to me telling myself things along the lines of:

 

"This feels easy, no big deal, oh look I'm just starting to feel some discomfort now, this is kids' play..."

 

You get the picture. I continued with this mental rant (I had nothing else to do at the time apart from tuck ups so it seemed like a good idea!) because I noticed that it helped me hit the targets better.

 

Anyone else has any insights regarding this? I'll continue to experiment with it and I invite you all to do the same, maybe we found is a key to faster progress.

 

Cheers,

Iván.

Salivanth

Interesting idea! I tend to take a different approach with myself; I tell myself I'm not allowed to stop or lose form until I physically collapse. I find this helps with the static work, which can be brutal as hell. I like your idea though, it may be worth trying.