This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Undergrip single bar dip

Started by DonGray, July 18, 2014 · 9 Replies · 310 Views

DonGray

Hi guys

Anyone struggling with HBP/PE8 - Undergrip single bar dip?

I don't seem to be able to do anything unless I lean forward, which is completely wrong and precisely what this exercise is going to correct.

Any tips/ points to focus on? And don't say "don't lean forwards" because I know that already :)

Palms down I'm fine on PE7

Alessandro Mainente

Positioning the elbows is the key, the inner part of joints must look forward do that the elbows bend backward. adjust the leg into L position could be good to reach full rom (only my experience).

Rayne-William
alex87 said:

Positioning the elbows is the key, the inner part of joints must look forward so that the elbows bend backward. adjust the leg into L position could be good to reach full rom (only my experience).

Using my legs as a counter balance helps me also.

RyanC

Wait till you get to Korean Dips. Undergrip Korean dips.... :icon_twisted:

DonGray

Thanks guys - I wasn't conscious of that before that the elbows tend to drift to the side with the normal grip, but with undergrip everything is straight from looking at the vids.

 

And what happens with the wrists? They seem to need a new level of flexibility to remain on top of the bar.....a side camera angle would be very helpful on these! (hint hint anyone  ;) )

 

RyanC - I can't even do one Korean dip yet   :facepalm:

Jon Douglas

Actually I find Korean dips somewhat easier :)

DonGray

And what happens with the wrists? They seem to need a new level of flexibility to remain on top of the bar

RyanC

I think the best thing for you to do would be to post a video showing at least 2 attempts at the progression. It takes a bit of balance but it shouldn't be too hard to get. We could straighten you out in a day if we saw your form and technique.

 

Korean Dips are technique heavy so be prepared to be right back here in this forum.

LateStarter@46

Yes, a video will help and don't worry about KDs (tomorrow will take of itself etc) also, you'll get them quicker learning from the experiences (mistakes) of those who have them :-)

Jeremy Huston
DonGray said:

And what happens with the wrists? They seem to need a new level of flexibility to remain on top of the bar

 

Try rolling your hands back a little.  When you're at the top support position shoot for straight wrists.