This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RCPE1 out of town

Started by Jennifer, July 18, 2014 · 8 Replies · 353 Views

Jennifer

I'm going to be out of my natural habitat and will have a crazy schedule for a full microcycle and I've come to terms with the fact that this will not be a microcycle where I'm trying to make gains.

 

I'm happy so far with what I can do for all the elements except RCPE1.   It has taken me SO LONG just to be able to do this element that I don't want to regress.   I'm not sure I can take my rings with me.    If I can't, what can I do?  Even if I can take them, I can't foresee having the option of running out looking for a tree due to factors out of my control.  

 

I'm feeling a bit bummed.   If you have any ideas, please let me know.

 

 

 

 

m6shifter

I can take my rings with me when I  go out of town. I scouted a nice local park also so I can do rc work. Why can't you take your rings. If all else fails then do rc6 for the microcycle. I say do something out of the program. Your environment will change from time to time do not let it defeat you.

 It's tough for me to do slp pe5 im out of town so I just substitute  im pe1 for a week or 2.

howens

If not rings a rope or bedsheet, whatever. You should be able to find something to hang it over.

Sensei JP

I just played with an idea.  I took a long towel and draped it over an open door.  My feet straddle the door and I grab either end of the towel.  When I lean back, I'm essentially in the same position as RC/PE1, though a little more upright.  It's not ideal, but you can practice the same movement pattern.  Depending how sturdy your door is, you might be able to put the towel behind the door, where the hinges are, so you can lower yourself further.

 

If you're staying at a hotel with a gym, check if they have a pull-up bar.  Throwing a long tower over it will act like rings if you can't bring your rings.  Basically, try to find something, anything, to drape a towel over and see what you can do.

 

edit: Howens suggested a bedsheet, which is probably even better.

Jennifer

Oh Jonathan, I need to try this.   Thank you!  

 

I also just had a thought.  Maybe I can take resistance bands and cut the rubber tubing and put a rope on the handles?  Throw them over the door in the fashion you said?   I need to try this!

 

I won't be in a hotel and I won't have much control over my time to be looking for a park or a gym.    Sigh...

The Hansenator

Even if you can't do RCPE1 exactly, maybe you can still work pulling strength with something like these

www.youtube.com/watch?v=basCkYP5fPk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnoyLFVDcc

Ben Lawlis

This may be a little too much gear to travel around with, but...

 

I have a portable pull up bar that smiply clips onto a standard door frame, and hang my rings off that. You don't need to make any changes to the door or do any damage, but it's a bit much to carry around if you're living out of a suitcase.

-MR

I spent just over 7 weeks in Boston last summer and ended-up ordering a "door gym" pullup bar to hang my rings from. Worked great, and was probably way cheaper than a two month gym membership.  

Emanuele

When i'm not at home i just hang from a table like i'd do for rows and do thw movement letting the feet slide with the hands fixed. It's not exactly the same but it's quite similar, only problem is that the table may not like it