Static positions progression

Started by hype, July 18, 2014 · 11 Replies · 1,769 Views

hype

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any experienced trainee here could tell me for how much time should I be able to hold each position before moving to the next one?

For planche, back lever, and front lever,

Positions are tuck, adv tuck, straddle and full (+ frog stand for planche)

So could anyone tell me like how much time I have to be able to hold tuck to start adv tuck, etc for each of these strength moves?

Thank you!

P.s. Plz don't tell me to buy foundation, I already know about it!

Alexander Egebak

As a minimum 3 x 30 seconds. You should know that training certain other strength elements will benefit these holds as well.

Vincearoo

Instead of recommending the foundation series, I'll recommend using the search function. These guidelines are discussed at length already.

Alessandro Mainente

You are indirectly asking for materials included into foundations specifications. I don't think give indications could be correct with regard to those who have invested in foundations.

Alexander Egebak
alex87 said:

You are indirectly asking for materials included into foundations specifications. I don't think give indications could be correct with regard to those who have invested in foundations.

I am very unsure what is the right thing to do here.

 

On one hand we have those who purchased foundation, and giving free information from a program that someone paid big amounts for is not fair at all. If one wants the sweet stuff, they have to earn it and pay for it! On the other hand we have people who for whatever "valid" reason do not have the program (yet) but still wants to strength train intelligently (it is very easy to differentiate between those whose intention is to leech and those whose intention is not). Those guys should be helped, not by giving away course material, but by giving away already open-sourced information and common knowledge. After all, there is a reason to why we have the open forums, and I would hate to see them ONLY as a gateway to buying the programs.

 

I do not own foundation myself, I would really want to, but I do not have a chance to put aside money for that because of need for more basic stuff. But I am sure that I one day will have the courses. Therefore I cannot intentionally give away anything that is in it. But one who owns the courses might think that most things that is in the courses is not to be spoken of on the open forums. With that logic nothing should ever be spoken of. I understand that it is like balancing on thin line, but some of the content of the courses can either be deducted by logic or have been given away in podcast, already existing forum posts etc. If I am ever unsure wether or not some content is course restricted I will not post it.

 

But I will not refrain from descriping benefits of varies exercises, good progressions, program structuring and training science in general as long as it is my content, my opinion, and not someone else'.

 

If I am violating any rules here, rules need to be clearer. I respect Coach Summer and the effort he put into the programs and this forum and the fact that it is HIS forum, and therefore I will follow the guidelines as they are written as everyone else also should. If I am wrong let me know.

 

EDIT: sorry for possible derail

hype
Freshpro said:

As a minimum 3 x 30 seconds. You should know that training certain other strength elements will benefit these holds as well.

Thank you sir:). Yeah I'm working on planche pushups, hspu for pressing, row an OAP for pull, and dragon flag + lower back for core along with the static holds!

Rayne-William

Pick a length of time and go for it.

hype
GoldenEagle said:

Pick a length of time and go for it.

Of course, but it is that length of time that I want to identify

Alan Tseng
Freshpro said:

I am very unsure what is the right thing to do here.

 

On one hand we have those who purchased foundation, and giving free information from a program that someone paid big amounts for is not fair at all. If one wants the sweet stuff, they have to earn it and pay for it! On the other hand we have people who for whatever "valid" reason do not have the program (yet) but still wants to strength train intelligently (it is very easy to differentiate between those whose intention is to leech and those whose intention is not). Those guys should be helped, not by giving away course material, but by giving away already open-sourced information and common knowledge. After all, there is a reason to why we have the open forums, and I would hate to see them ONLY as a gateway to buying the programs.

 

I do not own foundation myself, I would really want to, but I do not have a chance to put aside money for that because of need for more basic stuff. But I am sure that I one day will have the courses. Therefore I cannot intentionally give away anything that is in it. But one who owns the courses might think that most things that is in the courses is not to be spoken of on the open forums. With that logic nothing should ever be spoken of. I understand that it is like balancing on thin line, but some of the content of the courses can either be deducted by logic or have been given away in podcast, already existing forum posts etc. If I am ever unsure wether or not some content is course restricted I will not post it.

 

But I will not refrain from descriping benefits of varies exercises, good progressions, program structuring and training science in general as long as it is my content, my opinion, and not someone else'.

 

If I am violating any rules here, rules need to be clearer. I respect Coach Summer and the effort he put into the programs and this forum and the fact that it is HIS forum, and therefore I will follow the guidelines as they are written as everyone else also should. If I am wrong let me know.

 

EDIT: sorry for possible derail

I understand your posts are well-intentioned, however the thing is that if I go to a seminar today with "only" 3x30s, it would not be acceptable for a variety of reasons.  (Yes, yes, I know, "Foundation" reasons.)  I wasn't around pre-Foundations, so if the old standard was 3x30s (I wouldn't know), then those of us who own it wouldn't be able to correct it, simply because if the new standard is different (again, assuming), then it really is new materials.  Also note that the standards for Foundation purposes are the minimum standard for mastery, so 3x30s definitely isn't enough.

 

Also, I remember the topic creator made a post that he viewed one of his friend's Foundation series and was surprised at one of the exercise's requirement (the exercise is one of the ones he listed in this thiread.)  So I'm not sure why he's asking again to be honest since the body just suddenly change in a several months where the requirements become easier

hype

What the hell, why do you make it so complicated lol it's just a question...

Freshpro answered simply and to the point, no need of starting a debate guys!

Alexander Egebak
hype said:

What the hell, why do you make it so complicated lol it's just a question...

Freshpro answered simply and to the point, no need of starting a debate guys!

Actually, there is every reason to start a debate.

 

When someone tells me that 3 x 30 secs is not enough, and that someone has foundation series, you should follow their advice, not mine. Preferably, you should have a look at your friend's course or just ask that friend to identify the correct mastery in terms of sets and seconds in hold - or buy the courses yourself. Why follow a bad recommendation if you can just dig out the right information yourself.

Vincearoo

I remember pre foundation the standard for planche progressions was at least 3x60s for frog, adv. frog, tuck, and adv.tuck.

Which is why I recommended to search through the forums. If someone can't spend a little of time going through them then, to be harsh, I doubt their dedication in the first place.