Hi All
While I was practising my Frog Stand for a time, a new guy in my gym came over to me and asked what I was doing. I told him that I was starting to learn the Planche and this was the first progression of many in obtaining that particular skill. He looked at me puzzled and said "is this what your trying to do". He went straight into a full planche, but he said he never used any progression that I had described to him. He told me that he had seen a street dancer do the technique and decided to gain the skill himself. His method of obtaining the planche was through the use of resistance bands attached to his feet in the planche position, he decreased the resistance when holding the planche became easy at that particular resistance and he eventually was able to hold the planche with no resistance. I asked him how long it took for him to gain the Planche and he said only a few months.
I have coaches book and will stick to the progressions he has listed, I dont own any resistance bands anyway, but is this another viable means to gaining the Planche? Has any member progressed this way? The main problem I see with using the resistance bands is I feel that these will not build up strength in the core and upper body as good as coaches progressions.
Druid