how does a strain or pulled muscle feel?

Started by katlinchen, July 17, 2014 · 7 Replies · 2,596 Views

katlinchen

g

Rayne-William

A strained or pulled muscle might feel like a cramp. The intensity depends on the severity of the muscle injury.

LateStarter@46

When you feel it you think 'uh-oh!' And back off immediately. You know that if you do the same movement again, you'll aggravate it. It may feel like an intense cramp or pull for a very short time.

dritar

It hurts :).

katlinchen
LateStarter@46 said:

When you feel it you think 'uh-oh!' And back off immediately. You know that if you do the same movement again, you'll aggravate it. It may feel like an intense cramp or pull for a very short time.

I am so sorry for that, stupid me, don't know what happened! Could you read over my problem and give your answer once again? Would appreciate it!

katlinchen
GoldenEagle said:

A strained or pulled muscle might feel like a cramp. The intensity depends on the severity of the muscle injury.

Same thing for you... Stupid me! Would you mind give me your opinion once again?

katlinchen
katlinchen said:

g

I don't know what happened but somehow my text and picture is missing?!

Some days ago I did some rope climbs at the end of practice.

I felt fine although when I came down, my left bicep had a mild sharp pain but that wasn't really bad, just the normal "exhausted feeling" of a muscle.

But when I went to bed that day, the muscle kind of had spasms, like it was pulsating. The next day it hurt. It's not swollen, red or hot. It is also not tender to touch, but when I really press onto a certain spot it hurts. It feels as if it was exactly on the bone on the inner side of my upper arm (picture attached) and it hurts when I press in deeply.

It doesn't hurt when I straighten the arm, but it hurts when I bend it and when I tense my biceps it hurts. When I work on bars, do Pull-Ups and even when I do push-ups, it leaves the whole arm in throbbing pain.

Can this be a strain? Why is it so close to the bone? Hope you can help me!

post-8804-0-41050500-1405670801_thumb.jp

LateStarter@46

Sounds like an injury/tear, of one of your arm flexors, rather than a strain. Putting graffiti on it won't help ;-)

Avoid any movements producing pain and get a sports therapist to look at it soon.