This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ppp

Started by PrimalMove, July 16, 2014 · 3 Replies · 267 Views

PrimalMove

Anyone have any tips or ques,other than the video tutorial, for this one that have helped out? I could not seem to find proper hand placement nor couldi stay hollow during the eccentric portion of the movement.

Joshua Slocum

Assuming your regular push-up form is good, start with just a very tiny lean. If you can do that with perfect form, then increment the lean a little bit more. Keep incrementing the lean until you're doing push-ups in a planche lean. 

Eric Cohen

Making sure you have solid hollow form as you get further into the lean is key.  I almost feel like having my toes pointed and imagining them as a hinge so that they're stationary in a good lean was key to help me maintain better form.

PrimalMove

Ah. My hollow seems really good and strong, but its the lean that is getting me. I haven't reached planch leans yet. I just started working on the single arm planks and staying hollow.